Wednesday, April 21, 2010


Nerd
Originally uploaded by tjdee
There are some things you have to do while traveling, no matter how much you don't want to look like a typical tourist (aside: I saw a great saying here that read "no seas un turista, sino un viajero" or "don't be a tourist but rather a traveler"). But when you're in Buenos Aires you have to go to Recoleta Cemetery to see Evita's tomb. That said, you don't have to pose in front of it giving a thumb's up like a tool. I'm betting he was German. Just a guess.

Also, after this I went to the nearby Alvear Hotel for their afternoon tea service. It was off the chains. J and I spent about $20 each for champagne, tea, the traditional finger sandwiches, the three trays of tasty treats and a shared desert that we have wrapped to go so we could enjoy it on emptier stomachs. Don't even get me started on how fancy everything and everyone was! If you come here, go there. For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment