Saturday, July 24, 2010

Faced with the task of crafting a short bio to run at the end of an article, I came up with the following:

T.J. is a San Francisco-based freelance writer who recently logged multi-month stays in Buenos Aires and Mexico City. The ultimate goal is to make it to every capital city, del taco al tango.

That last bit was taken from a Spanishpod podcast I listen to occasionally. I wasn't even sure it was a goal, to be honest. But the more I think about it the more I would love to make this happen. Or, to be completely accurate, I guess I'd like to travel to *most* of the capital cities from taco (Mexico) to tango (Argentina). Those two are done and dusted. But there are a ton of others I'm dying to check out. First on the list probably is Santiago, Chile. But I've also become way more interested than I used to be in Lima, Peru, and Quito, Ecuador. Even Bogotá, Colombia, has piqued my interest recently.

Obviously, it's not so easy to jet off to a Latin American capital for an extended stay, so I'm traveling via blogs. Here are current favorites for Colombia, Chile and Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment